DECEMBER 1 - 3, 2020 | KUCHING, SARAWAK, MALAYSIA
8TH IEEE R10 HUMANITARIAN TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE 2020
DIGITAL ECOSYSTEM FOR HUMANITY
Dear IEEE R10 HTC 2020 Presenters,
On behalf of the IEEE R10 HTC 2020 Organising Committee, we would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during this time of transition to a virtual conference, which will be held via the Zoom event platform. To prepare for the virtual conference, we ask you to submit a pre-recorded presentation (voice over PowerPoint) in advance. Each paper will be given 15 minutes (10 minutes for presentation + 5 minutes for Q&A). At least one author must join the live virtual session to answer questions from conference participants moderated by the respective Session Chairs. Please carefully review the following guidelines and specifications before recording your presentation.
Your presentation material will only be made available to conference attendees (i.e., those who have registered for the virtual conference) during the limited period of time spanning the virtual event. Below are the official preparation instructions for all presentation types. Please begin preparing your presentation(s), and be ready to upload all material NO LATER THAN November 21, 2020 (follow your country’s timezone).
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. Using this method, you can show your face via webcam (if you’d like) while displaying your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software, as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
You can also use the two-step method covered below:
preparing your video
Duration: 9-10 minutes
File size: 100MB (maximum)
Video file format: MP4
Dimensions: Minimum height 480 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Please note that the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files that are not compliant may not be uploaded. Please be sure that the video includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention to IEEE R10 HTC 2020.
- All files must be in MP4 Format
- Less than or equal to 1mbps bit rate: To check the bit rate, right click on the file name, click on properties, go to the details tab, and look for total bit rate.
- Resolution = maximum 720p HD
- Please use the following naming convention: mp4, where SID is your session ID, the code that was entered in front of your paper/poster title in the program.
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have echo
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Hardline internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection
- Good headset with microphone close to mouth BUT away from direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using the default built-in microphone on computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bit rate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO AND FILL IN THE GOOGLE FORM (DEADLINE: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2020)
- Upload your recorded video to your google drive and copy the share link into the google form below: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1VdaMinaCnRrQCnxbtSOy_EnYiT8gRVQKWo7sHbtkxTw/edit?usp=sharing
As a reminder, videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows.
Your flexibility and adaptability are very much appreciated, and we are here to assist you at every step of the way. Should you have any questions regarding the information provided in this document, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
We look forward to making IEEE R10 HTC 2020 a success within this virtual conference format. We thank you for your cooperation in this endeavour.