DECEMBER 1 - 3, 2020 | KUCHING, SARAWAK, MALAYSIA
8TH IEEE R10 HUMANITARIAN TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE 2020
DIGITAL ECOSYSTEM FOR HUMANITY
IEEE R10 Industry Relations Committee
Student and Early Researcher Conference Fund (SERCF)
(Deadline August 15, 2020)
IEEE R10 Industry Relations Committee (IRC) Student and Early Researcher Conference Fund (SERCF) is willing to offer financial assistance to IEEE Student members and other members of age below 35 years to enrich their exposure and experience, which includes but is not limited to
- Presenting at a conference
- Participating in full conference, Industry Track or Focus Sessions, Hackathons, and Internship organized by the conference
- Acquiring new knowledge that benefits the applicant’s academic/Research work
- Funding is available to all IEEE Members wish to attend a conference or Industry Track or Focused Sessions. Student/YP shall be registered as a full time Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. student in engineering or a related field in a college or university when submitting the application.
- Students/IEEE Members are eligible to receive up to a maximum of $300
- Due to limited funds, not all requests that meet the established criteria will be approved. We process all applications on a first come, first-served basis until all program funds are expended.
- Funding payment will be transferred to respective IEEE sections after the conference has ended with an instruction to transfer to beneficiaries.
- This Funding is only applicable to who confirm to attend Industry Track/Hackathons/Innovation events of one of the following Conferences happening in IEEE Region 10 i.e. R10 Humanitarian Technology Conference 2020, Kuching, Malaysia
- Funding disbursal are provided on an expense reimbursement basis. (Receipts must be submitted to respective sections before payment is made).
- If receipts provided total is less than the original funding amount, then the funding amount will be changed accordingly.
- Funding transfers will only be issued after the conference has officially ended and beneficiary has attended the Industry Track/Hackathon of respective conference.
- Applicants who receive alternate funding from other IEEE Entities for the same travel and/or conference being applied for are not eligible for funding.
- Applicants who are receiving any wage or honorarium for their attendance at the conference are not eligible for funding.
- IRC will provide funding for Registration/Travel support to attend a conference.
- Same person cannot avail travel support for more than one conference.
- Should the above mentioned conference becomes virtual, the awarded fund may be used to compensate for the student’s registration, hackathon, or internship resulting from internship sessions organized.